This blog is Body Positive, GSM Positive, Feminist Positive, Religion/Spirituality/Lack Thereof Positive, A bunch of other Positive/Friendly stuff, and also full of my weirdness
This awesome arboreal dwelling is the Living the High Life Tree House created by Blue Forest, a British tree house design and construction firm. It’s a luxury family-sized complex featuring two separate tree houses, one for kids and one for their parents. The elevated dwellings are connected by a network of rope bridges which also lead to an adventure play area and an assault course, the latter of which is also accessible via an 80-yard zip line.
It may look rustic, but this is a top-of-the-line tree house. The kids’ house features three medieval towers, and inside one of them a concealed hatch in the upper floor leads to a secret game room containing a plasma TV and video game console. Meanwhile the grown-ups’ treehouse features a conical thatched roof and interior walls made of hand-split oak shingles and cedar tongue-and-groove boards. Inside there’s a kitchen (complete with plenty of wine storage), bathroom, and a large open living area for treetop entertaining. The complex also features accommodations for guests of the family.
Head over to the Blue Forest website to check out more of their amazing custom-built tree houses.
This reminds me of that old game Myst.
This is the best house ever. I want it
- Dated: 17th century
- Culture: English
- Measurements: overall length 97cm, hilt length 16.5cm
The handle of the sword is composed of a wooden grip bound in copper and brass wire binding. The hilt is made of iron and features a knuckle guard, side ring and an oval shaped pommel. The blade is double edge blade of hexagonal section and has a single fuller on either side.
will be gone for a good chunk of time again. We’re going to Indy for GLLA!!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I GET TO SLEEP IN A KING SIZE BED AND SPEND TIME WITH BOOTBLACKS AND HOPEFULLY GET A NICE MATCHED SET OF ELK FLOGGERS
This HR dept doesn’t negotiate with Terrorists.
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
my favorite tidbit about rome is that in the mid-1800s one of the popes didnt like the statues in rome having dicks so he ordered them knocked off. fast forward to the last decade or so and art historians in conjunction with the vatican are trying to erm. restore. the statues. but the dicks were just. kept in a box. so art historians are going around rome, with a box of dicks, trying to match them up to their owner.